Monday, June 4, 2007

Arkansas and Beyound


We had a great visit with my cousins at Amarlis' home. She got several Arkansas cousins together. Here is Ron, Amarlis, Aunt Theresa (Clay's Mom's sister), Alvin, Clay, Dan.

We made it to another state yesterday. We haven't had access to the internet the last few days so this is a bit late. JAKE; Can you tell me the capital of Oklahoma and also tell me who Will Rogers is? Ben: What does 5 cowboys plus 4 cowboys equal?

Visiting some of Clay's heritage - we think might be Cherokee. We had a (private)tour on how the Cherokee lived. The research center was closed on Sunday - but we wouldn't know where to start anyway since we have very little information about our native american heritage. Aunt Theresa thinks we are part Cherokee!

We are even visiting relatives - after death. These are some of Tricia's in Pryor, Ok.

2 comments:

Chip Anderson said...

The answer is nine!
-- Ben

Oklahoma City!
Will Rogers was was an American comedian, humorist, social commentator, vaudeville performer, and actor. He has been named Oklahoma's favorite son.

-- Jake

Kathy&Daryl said...

Pat and Clay, the trip looks faantastic! I love old cemetaries also. The last time I was in Pennsylvania I got a chance to visit some dead relatives who were immigrants from Ireland - everyone was in an old Catholic cemetery. I wish my children had grown up with a sense of hertiage like I did - it is difficult to convey the sense of generations when you are the only family in California, with all the rest back East. Have a great day tomorrow! Love from Kathy and Daryl